Information technology prerequisites DIM, DEF, SP, Law
In order for students from:
- the Department of Business and Management (DIM) enrolled in or after 2016-2017
- the Departments of Political Science (SP) and Economic and Finance (DEF) enrolled in or after 2017-2018
- the Department of Law (GP) enrolled in or after 2018-2019
- the bachelor’s program in Management and Computer Science (MCS) enrolled in or after 2018-2019
to be able to:
- sit the exam in Computer Science in the second semester of the first year (DIM)
- attend the Computer Skills Lab in the first semester of the first year (SP)
- sit the exam in Information Systems in the first semester of the second year (DEF)
- sit the exam in Legal IT in the second semester of the first year (GP)
- sit the exam in Introduction to Computer Programming in the first semester of the first year (MCS)
they must have successfully completed the New ECDL modules in Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Presentation or the Core ECDL modules in Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Presentation modules as per Syllabus 5.0.
Students who have already fulfilled those prerequisites may complete the form found in the Propedeuticità Informatiche: Dichiarazione Moduli ECDL section of the University’s e-learning platform at least one week before their Computer Science exam.
Students who have not yet fulfilled those prerequisites can avail of the services offered by the Luiss Test Center, which organizes monthly sessions for official ECDL tests in English or Italian according to the calendar. Once the official tests for the three prerequisite modules have been passed, the students must fill out the form in Propedeuticità Informatiche: Dichiarazione Moduli ECDL.
Alternatively, students can take an ECDL skills evaluation test organized free of charge by their Department. Students may book the test online through the ECDL Test Reservation section (bookings are accepted for each test session until all places are filled although depending on demand the session may be extended to the following days). It should be noted that the three modules completed through this type of test are not valid for official ECDL certification. They are only valid for the purpose of fulfilling Computer Science and Information Systems prerequisites.
For further information and assistance on accessing the platform, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.