During EXPO Milano 2015, the largest event ever organized about food and nutrition, LUISS will engage its students in a series of events dedicated to food culture and the discovery of flavors from Italian and international gastronomic traditions.
The series of tasting events, each dedicated to a specific food or drink, aims to highlight the most commonly consumed goods and to expose students to new gastronomic experiences.
Company presentations will not focus simply on product demonstrations but also on the company’s history and the product’s position within its respective market.
The LUISS dietician will be at every event to offer advice about the correct use of the product and how to make it a part of a healthy, balanced diet, paying special attention to the theme of eating seasonally.
The events will take place in the Viale Romania cafeteria, from 6:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
To participate in the events and tastings, send an email from your LUISS account to firstname.lastname@example.org with your telephone number and the name of the event you would like to attend by October 2, 2015. Space is limited.
To allow as many students to participate as possible, students may register for only one event and ask to be put on a waiting list for others.
Artisanal beer - October 15, 2015
- Introduction: Prof. Andrea Ghiselli and Prof. Giovanni Bonafaccia from the Centro di Ricerca per gli Alimenti e la Nutrizione (CRA-NUT)
- Tasting: Alfredo Colangelo from Birra del Borgo
Natural gelato - October 29, 2015
- Tasting: Maria Agnese Spagnuolo and Francesco Simon from Fatamorgana
Tea and spices - November 5, 2015
- Introduction: Giuseppina Colicci - Antidotes: spices as antidotes to certain foods
- Tasting: Alessandra Celi from Tè e teiere - Japanese green tea and Chinese black tea
Bread and baked goods - November 12, 2015
- Introduction: Dino Bartocci President of the Association of Bakers, Province of Rome
- Tasting: Paolo Gentilini from Biscotti P. Gentilini
- Presentation on cafeteria food waste: Mariabeatrice Martino and Giulia Barone – LUISS graduates
E-ccellenze and Street Food with Gambero Rosso - November 19, 2015
- Introduction: Paola Persi, Head of the Commercial Section of Gambero Rosso, presents the Street Food Guide and E-ccellenze catalog
- Tasting: Marzia Greco di Ravioli Mariolina
LUISS Cultural Activities
T: 06 85225 655