Along with the films shown as part of the English language film festival, Liberin LUISS is offering a selection of books related to the main themes presented in the films.
These books, made available to all participants during these encounters, will be the jumping off point to share comments, observations, ideas and, of course, books. Each participant will bring one or more books with them (that are pertinent to the proposed topics) to offer, exchange and recommend, giving space to the creativity and free initiative of each person. In the center of the room, two tables will be set up, dedicated to the books suggested by the participants and those offered for exchange by Cultural Activities.
- October 23, 2014: Lincoln leader/orator; freedom; war; women; mourning/death.
- October 30, 2014: Little Miss Sunshine beauty; alternative families; homosexuality; success; travel.
- November 6, 2014: To Kill a Mockingbird fatherhood; racism/injustice; courage.
- November 20, 2014: A Love Song for Bobby Long authors cited in the film; American literature.
- December 4, 2014: Annie Hall: the end of a relationship; phobias/mental illness; mourning/death; New York.
All meetings will take place from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in the Aula Polivalente at the Viale Romania campus.
Please reserve this event through the LUISS event calendar.
For more information:
LUISS Guido Carli
T 06 85225655/5602