On Friday, May 4, 2018 starting at 9:00 a.m., the LUISS Career Services Office hosts the University's annual professional orientation on the Viale Romania campus.
What is it?
An event dedicated to LUISS students and graduates interested in learning, planning, and launching their professional careers. This year, a new digital format is available to participants, allowing them to meet with human resource managers from important national and international companies in an interactive way. Students and graduates will be able to ask for more information regarding their future careers in an informal and direct way. Career Day participants will submit their CVs via e-recruitment and can also prepare a wild pitch or participate in other selection methods including gamification, artificial intelligence, chatbots and social recruitment.
Young People and Work is a unique opportunity for students to meet with company representatives and make the first steps on their professional paths. Participating in the event is an ideal way to explore career opportunities, expand professional networks, and hand out résumés. The event is also useful to learn about new recruitment methods and prepare for every possibility.
How to prepare
Meeting with professionals requires careful preparation, here are some suggestions on how to put your best foot forward:
- make a list of companies to meet
- spend time studying the participating companies, including their histories and important successes as well as the market they operate in
- prepare a list of questions to ask representatives
- bring an updated résumé in Italian and English
- wear an appropriate and professional outfit
- prepare to be at the event all day