This website uses third party cookies to improve your experience. If you continue browsing or close this notice, you will accept their use.

Luiss Guido Carli

Logo Luiss

European Job and Career Days: I Edition in Brussels

44pm

On March 15 and 16, LUISS University organized the first edition of the LUISS Job and Career Days, hosted by the Confindustria Delegation at the European Union in Brussels.

The event aimed to promote job market orientation for students and graduates exploring career possibilities at the European level. Approximately 80 people took part in the event, among these 60% came from Rome, while the remaining 40% was already in Brussels studying in Double Degree programs or working.

The first day began with two workshops, whose principal aim was to give a picture of opportunities and challenges offered by the job market in Brussels. The first panel,Career Opportunities in European Institutions, International Organizations and NGOs, saw the participation of professionals working in the institutional and international environment, while the second event, How to Develop a Career in Brussels: lobbying industry and law firms, was an insight over these specific areas with experienced representatives.

In the afternoon, the Bruxelles Liaison Office staff led participants on a guided tour of the European Parliament to show the internal functioning of the institution from an insider's point of view. The evening, in the Grand Place, a cocktail hour was offered in collaboration with the Alumni Association in Brussels to allow informal meeting and networking.

On the following day the Job Fair took place, attended by approximately 20 employers including law firms, consultancies, NGOs, companies and Italian and international research centers. The employers explained characteristics of the most successful professional profiles and skills that are most valuable in the European sphere. Every employer had the occasion to get to know every participant, on the basis of fruitful bilateral talks.

The Bruxelles Liaison Office will follow up on the event by keeping in contact with all the speakers, employers and participants so that the initiative may lead to real internship and partnership agreements.

LUISS Job and Career Days: the complete program

See the photo gallery