If not now, when? If not me, then who?
Protecting the environment in which we live is an issue that affects people, organizations and institutions. It is not just about preserving the scarce resources we have, but about ensuring that we have a sustainable environment in the future.
Out of these principles has come LUISS Sostenibile, or “Sustainable LUISS”. This cultural association, managed entirely by students who want to make LUISS the first “Green University” in Italy, was created in April 2009. From its inception to today, LUISS Sostenibile has already seen tangible results, such as:
- the introduction of recycling at our University;
- the adoption of beverage dispensers in the cafeteria, replacing beverages in bottles/cans;
- the option of two-sided printing, to reduce paper consumption.
- the introduction of water dispensers on campus and the distribution of Greeny water bottles among students, to reduce the consumption of bottled water;
- the creation of a “zero impact” cafeteria, with the separation and recycling of all waste related to the consumption of food in the cafeteria.