Procedure for requesting duty stamped certificates
To comply with this regulation, LUISS will issue duty stamped certificates that can only be used in relationships between private individuals and entities, on which the following caption is printed, as required by law:
"This certificate cannot be generated for use by entities in public administration or private agencies administering public services."
In order to obtain duty stamped certificates the interested party must personally bring or send the following by mail to the Front Office of the Student Office at LUISS Guido Carli –Viale Romania, 32, 00197 Rome:
- the certificate request form, on which a €16.00 duty stamp must be affixed
- another €16.00 duty stamp for each certificate requested
The types of duty stamped certificates that can be requested and picked up at the same time as part of the regular service of the front office – available both in Italian and in English - are:
- Registration certificate
- Registration certificate indicating exams taken
- Registration certificate indicating exams taken and the weighted grade point average
- Registration certificate indicating language exams and level of language proficiency
- Certificate detailing the study plan
- Certificate indicating the thesis title
- Certificate showing payments made (by academic and/or calendar year)
In the case of certifications with specific, additional requirements – such as, for example, certificates to be used abroad with a handwritten signature of the Director – it is necessary to contact the Student Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax: 06 85 225 920 so that the feasibility for issuing the certificate can be verified. The certificate will be issued within 3 working days. At the time the certificate is issued, the interested party is required to complete the request, submitting the required duty stamps, otherwise the certificate cannot be issued.
Procedure for picking up certificates
- In person or through a proxy at the Front Office of the Student Office. The delegate will have to bring an identification document, a signed proxy form on plain paper without a duty stamp, and a photocopy of the identification document of the interested party.
- Send by mail to the address indicated on the request form. To this end, please remember to attach a copy of identification (front and back) and the correct number of duty stamps for the number of certificates requested.
The certificate will be sent via registered mail. In any case the interested party absolves the University from all responsibility for any loss or damage.
In accordance with article 15 of Law 183/2011, local authorities and agencies managing public services can no longer request or accept certificates from private individuals and entities that have been generated by other public offices.
For relationships with entities in public administration and agencies administering public services, self-certification forms are always used in lieu of certificates, which these same entities and agencies are obligated to accept; if they do not, it is considered a violation of their official duties.
LUISS is offering a new service to adapt to this regulation. Using the Web Self Service, students can print self-certification forms, also available in English, regarding their course of studies. These self-certification forms are issued on plain paper and are not subject to the payment of a duty stamp.
To access the service, students will need to have their User ID and the password associated with their badge, and will need to be in good standing with the University. For the automatic recovery of the credentials please click here.
Please remember that the interested party is personally responsible for all statements made, which are subject to verification by the administration. The administration will then take appropriate action if necessary.
Pay attention and verify that self-certification forms can be used in lieu of official certificates.
- Students can request duty stamped certificates by going to the Front Office during opening hours. All certificates will state the following: "This certificate cannot be generated for use by entities in public administration or private agencies administering public services."
- Students may need to provide entities in public administration or agencies providing public services (for example, other universities) with self-certifications regarding their courses of study. These self-certifications can be printed directly from the Web Self Service.