Application procedures and deadlines for exchange students
First step for partner university coordinators - NOMINATION
- Nomination deadline: May 12 for both I (Fall) and / or II (Spring) semester
All exchange students must be nominated by their home university. The home coordinator must email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last name
- First name
- Date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy) and place of birth
- Place of birth (City)
- Length of stay (fall semester - full year - spring semester)
- Email address
- Field of study (Business / Economics, Law, Political Science)
- Level of study (bachelor or master)
Second step for nominated students - REGISTRATION
- Application deadline: May 31 for both I (Fall) and / or II (Spring) semester
After being nominated by the home university, exchange students will receive an e-mail with an access code (token) and instructions to register to our online Web Self Service platform.
Students must register for Web Self Service.
Enter your access code, first name, last name and date of birth. The information entered must match the data we received from your home university.
If registration is successful, you will be able to login to the system using your newly assigned username and password. We recommend saving this page, printing it, or noting down the credentials for future use (a copy will also be sent to your email address).
By logging into the system, students will be able to proceed to the next step.
Third step for registered students - APPLICATION
From the Web Self Service user page, on the left-hand side, students should click on Study abroad > Application Form for Incoming students (Erasmus/Exchange).
Students will have to upload the following scanned documents (we suggest you prepare scans in this phase):
- A recent photograph (35x40mm, max 5MB, in JPEG, JPG, BMP or PJPEG)*
- ID card (for Schengen countries) or passport for non-EU students*
- Updated transcript of records in English*
- A provisional Learning Agreement signed by the home university coordinator *
- Language certificates (if required, check with home university)
- Application for housing (if requested)
* Required attachments
All necessary forms can be found in the Application Materials folder included in the LUISS information pack.
LUISS will not require a paper copy of the application documents, however, students should print and keep a copy of the provisional learning agreement and of the enrollment credentials form with their username and password. They will need them after arrival to access their personal LUISS Web Self Service page.
In order to request accommodation in Rome, you must fill out, sign and attach the relevant accommodation form to your online application to LUISS (CTS Accommodation documents 1517.pdf), which can be found in the Application Materials folder.
An external company, CTS, acts as intermediary between proprietors and students applying for accommodation. Their contact information can be found in the form.
From the middle of June, as soon as application forms are processed, the Student Exchange Office will send incoming students an acceptance letter and practical information via email.
Hard copies of the acceptance letters will only be sent to students that have to apply for a visa.
Application deadline for the II semester
Please note that LUISS does not accept a second round of selected students for the II (Spring) semester after the summer.
Very few exceptions, previously agreed on with our partners, can be made.