Stanford University is recognized as one of the world's leading research and teaching institutions.
LUISS and Stanford University have a cooperation agreement in the field of Economics, Management, Business and Political Science.
LUISS students can take courses, held in English, during the Stanford Summer Term 2017, earning credits for those courses in their LUISS study plan.
The Stanford Summer Term program is a tuition fee program (students will pay the tuition fee to Stanford, apart from the normal tuition fees at LUISS).
LUISS students can take courses during the Stanford Summer Term after finishing their second year of courses at LUISS. These students will be registered at Stanford for eight weeks and must pay all fees directly to Stanford.
Details regarding prerequisites for participation, the application procedure, the selection process, deadlines, and further information, are contained in the 2017-2018 Call for Applications, which will be published in mid-December 2016.
LUISS Call for Applications: Timing
|Deadline to apply||February 13, 2017 at 1:00 p.m.|
|Selection results||by February 24, 2017|
|Confirmation of participation||Within one working day|
|Pre-departure orientation||End February 2017|
|Visa documents received by SST||by March 17, 2017|
|Axess opens for SST course registration||April 9, 2017|
|Submit housing application||Early May, 2017|
|Arriving at Stanford||June 24, 2017|
|First day of instruction at Stanford||June 26, 2017|
|Final exams at Stanford||August 18 and August 19, 2017|
|Move-out||August 20, 2017|
For administrative issues, students should refer to the International Development Office (email@example.com – T: 06-85225657 – by appointment).
For academic issues, students should refer to:
- Professor Gianfranco Pellegrino, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Political Science Department)
- Professor Raffaele Oriani, email: email@example.com (Business and Management Department)
- Professor Giuseppe Ragusa, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Economics and Finance Department)
Provisional list of Stanford courses
LUISS students, in order to earn credits for the courses taken at Stanford in the LUISS study plan, will have to comply with Stanford’s rules and conditions regarding credits, attendance, deadlines, etc. Students can choose two or three of the following courses at Stanford. They must reach a total of eight or nine Stanford Units. If they pass these units, they will be reflected in their LUISS study plan as a maximum of eight ECTS of elective courses, as well as additional credits for “Other activities,” in accordance with LUISS regulations.
Provisional list of courses
Have a look at the dedicated page on Stanford University website.
Costs and timeline
Below are the final costs for the 2017 Stanford Summer International Honors Program:
- 8 units undergraduate tuition: $8,416
- 8 units graduate tuition: $10,260
Stanford will apply a reduction of the 20% on the above amount to every student selected. The scholarship will be of $1,683 for undergraduate tuition and $2,052 graduate tuition.
- Housing for 8 weeks: On-campus residence: $2,095
- Dining for 8 weeks: 14 meals per week, $1,503
- Health insurance (Cardinal Care): $1,242 (may be waived with approved documentation)
- Campus health services fee: $203
- Document fee: $125
- Telecom fee: $67
- House dues: $75
- Welcome reception
- Academic orientation and ongoing tutoring for many courses
- Social and cultural activities, including field trips
- Information about graduate programs at Stanford
- 24 hour internet access including email accounts at Stanford University
- Access to Stanford’s world-class athletic facilities including swimming pools,
- tennis courts, fully equipped gymnasiums, basketball courts, volleyball
- courts, and an eighteen-hole golf course (golf requires an additional fee)
- Double occupancy room accommodations on-campus
- Housing includes bed, desk, wardrobe, and access to laundry facilities
- 14 meals per week plan
Costs do not Include:
- Transportation to or from home country or any other point of departure
- to or from Stanford University
- Additional units elected by the student
- Additional meals
- Books and supplies
- Local transportation
- Application fee paid by student to the Summer Session Office at time of application: $50
- I-20 processing fee paid by student directly to the Summer Session Office during the application process: $100
- SEVIS and Visa fees paid directly by student when applying for a visa
Special Programs not included:
Silicon Valley Innovation Academy (SVIA)
- Explorer: $600
- Enterprise: $1,200
LUISS will offer 3 scholarships for the best Economics and Business students, for an amount of €1,500 for the first student, €1,000 for the second student , €500 for the third student.
LUISS will offer 3 scholarships for the best Economica e Management students, for an amount of €1,500 for the first student, €1,000 for the second student , €500 for the third student.
LUISS will offer 3 scholarships for the best Political Science students, for an amount of €1,500 for the first student, €1,000 for the second student , €500 for the third student.