CicloLUISS is a bike sharing service for LUISS students. CicloLUISS has provided 50 bicycles to go from one University campus to another.
Applied regulations governing the bike sharing service
Art. 1 – Purpose of the service
LUISS Guido Carli is offering its students 50 bicycles, distributed among the campuses at Viale Romania, Via Parenzo and Viale Pola. These bicycles are to be used exclusively to go from one campus of the University to another, and must be brought back the same day upon entering one of these campuses. Under no circumstances can the bicycles be returned the next day.
The service is available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Art. 2 – How to access the service
Bicycle keys can be picked up at the security booths, situated at the main entrances to the campuses at Viale Romania, Via Parenzo and Viale Pola.
When requesting a key, the user will have to show their university badge and/or an identification document and sign the registry.
The security guard will give them the key to the bicycle assigned to them and a helmet that they must wear when using the bicycle.
Art. 3 – Rules regarding the use of the bicycle
The user agrees to abide by the following rules governing the use of the bicycle:
- the bicycle is to be used exclusively to go from one University campus to another;
- the bicycle must be returned to the bike racks, and the key and helmet must be returned so that others can use the service afterwards;
- the bicycle can only be used during the hours specified in Art. 1 above;
- the bicycle must always be locked with the anti-theft chain provided, when not in use.
Art. 4 – Obligations of users of the service
Anyone who uses the bicycle assumes the following obligations when they sign the registry:
- to be in possession of a single key and to carefully look after this key;
- to test the bicycle’s functionality when it is taken out and use it only if it is deemed suitable for use;
- to diligently look after the bicycle;
- to ride and use the bicycle in accordance with the rules of the road, and to observe general principles of prudence, diligence and protection of others’ rights;
- not to claim any right of ownership over the bicycle or the key in use;
- not to allow any person who is unqualified to ride or look after the bicycle to do so. Should the user allow this, they will be held responsible for any damage;
- to report, when returning the bicycle, any damage done to the bicycle during its use;
- to unconditionally release LUISS Guido Carli from any and all damages, including non-property damages, suffered by third parties (people, things or animals) or by the user during and/or related to the use of the bicycle;
- not to tamper with any mechanical part of the bicycle.
Art. 5 – Failure to return the bicycle or damage to the bicycle
In case of theft of or damage to the bicycle, LUISS Guido Carli reserves the right to apply appropriate disciplinary sanctions and/or fines.
Art. 6 – Additional responsibilities - Liability
The use of the service is subject to the signing and unconditional acceptance of these regulations.
In any case, please note that LUISS University is not liable in the event of:
- damage or loss of any kind suffered by the user of the bicycle due to or as a result of its use, as well as damage or loss caused to third parties (people, things or animals) as a result of its use;
- loss, destruction, theft or robbery of objects on the bicycle used.
The user is also obligated to release LUISS University from any administrative violations raised or attributed to them during and related to the use of the bicycle for infractions of Legislative Decree no. 285 of April 30, 1992, New Traffic Laws and subsequent amendments and additions, as well as the related Policy Guidelines regarding the Implementation of the Decree of the President of the Republic no. 495 of December 16, 1992 and subsequent amendments and additions, as well as those provided for in other laws or regulations.
Art. 7 – Final provisions
For cases that are not expressly provided for in these Regulations, please refer to current regulations on the matter.