LUISS Career Services promotes curricular and extracurricular internships in accordance with national and regional laws.
Curricular internships, aimed at students, provide participants with an educational experience that assists them in choosing a future career path. This type of internship is a part of a student’s university career and is not designed to lead to a job offer.
Extracurricular internships, for graduates who have not yet found employment, may be activated:
- within 12 months of graduation in some regions such as Lombardy
- at any time after graduation, in regions such as Lazio, as long as the intern falls into one of the following categories:
- unemployed worker according to art.19 of d.lgs. n.150/2015
- workers who receive additional financial support in addition to their salary
- workers who risk unemployment
- workers looking to change jobs
- disabled or otherwise disadvantaged
Internship establishment services are free to employers. LUISS interns are covered by LUISS Guido Carli for worksite accidents by INAIL (the Italian National Institute for Insurance against Accidents at Work) as well as for public liability.