If you would like to open a bank account in Italy, you should present the following documentation at the bank of your choice:
- Italian tax code number (codice fiscale)
- identity document (ID card or passport)
- certificate of enrollment or invitation letter from the university (printable from one of the student kiosks)
- non EU students are also required to show their permit of stay (Permesso di soggiorno) or receipt
- Italian cell phone number
When a third party sends money by wire transfer to a bank account holder, he/she has to send money to the bank first (meaning money cannot be transferred directly to an individual’s bank account). After 5 working days, the bank will notify the account holder that the money is available, who can then decide whether to withdraw it in cash or deposit it in his/her account. There will be an added tax to pay for accounts superior to €5,000.
Please keep in mind that a UniCredit Group Bank is located in Viale Romania, 32 – 00197 – Rome (tel. 06-87824508). By looking at the entrance of the Viale Romania campus you will find the bank on the left. The opening hours of the bank are from Monday to Friday from 8:35 a.m. to 1:35 p.m. and on Monday, Wednesday and Friday also from 2:30 p.m. to 3:50 p.m.