This website uses third party cookies to improve your experience. If you continue browsing or close this notice, you will accept their use.

LUISS Guido Carli


Health insurance - non EU students

For non EU students a health insurance policy is necessary both to obtain a visa and, at a later stage, to apply for the permit of stay (permesso di soggiorno). The health insurance policy has to cover for the whole duration of your permit of stay and it can last up to 1 year. To be valid for the permit of stay, the health insurance policy has to satisfy the following criteria:

  • it hamust cover an case of accident and hospital treatment in the entire Schengen Area
  • its duration has to correspond to the period of your stay in Italy (if you’re expected to remain in Italy more than 12 months, you will need to renew it along with the permit of stay renewal)
  • a coverage of €30,000

Please note that private insurance from home countries is not accepted at the Questura, unless an official document from the Italian embassy or consulate for the home country states the insurance’s validity. If you decide to go for an Italian health insurance policy we would recommend to contact Generali INAssitalia, which is close to LUISS University.

Generali INAssitalia191.55 KB