Students who live abroad and will earn their degrees abroad, who wish to register for master's degree programs can apply to LUISS Guido Carli using the following procedure.
|Degree Programs Taught in Italian (test in Italian)||Degree Programs Taught in English (test in English)|
|Amministrazione, finanza e controllo||Corporate Finance|
|Marketing||Marketing - Major:Marketing Analytics & Metrics/ Market Relationship & Customer Engagement|
|Economia e finanza||Economics and Finance - Major:
|Governo e politiche||Government and Policies - Major:
|Relazioni internazionali||International Relations - Major:
European Studies/Global Studies
Admission procedure and criteria
Application and relevant documents
To apply, students need to complete the application form by May 26, 2017. At the same time, they must send the following documentation by mail to email@example.com :
- a certificate authenticating the results of the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) in each of the three sections – for information in these tests please consult GMAT site or the GRE site:
- Quantitative (only for courses in Management, Finance and Economics)
- Analytical Writing
- a certificate showing registration at a university and listing the exams taken, in case of admission to be translated into Italian and certified by the local Italian consulate or embassy
- a secondary school diploma. If this was conferred abroad, it will need to be translated, certified, and in case of admission to be accompanied by a declaration of equivalent value issued by the local Italian consulate or embassy or by the certificate released by CIMEA.
- the certificate verifying that the candidate has passed the academic qualification test, only if requested in order to access local universities
- a curriculum vitae
- a motivation letter
- a reference letter
Solely non-EU students interested in courses taught in Italian will be required to self-certify knowledge of the Italian language, to be demonstrated after admission by exhibiting suitable certificates.
The requested material must be sent in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching scans of each document to the email.
The documentation may be supplemented up to the deadline for the submission of applications. Please note that only applications accompanied by complete documentation received by 26 May 2017 will be taken into consideration.
An examination board will evaluate the material sent by each individual candidate and will establish rankings based on GMAT/GRE scores, academic background, curricular qualifications, and motivation of the candidate.
Candidates will be conditionally admitted and will be fully admitted only when, after the final degree has been conferred by the candidate's university, the original documentation, accompanied by the declaration of equivalent value, is received by the Student Office. For non-EU citizens, a certification of the student's personal identity (an authenticated photo) is also required.
The results of the evaluation of applications will be communicated in accordance with the following schedule:
- by 10 March 2017
- by 26 May 2017.
Students admitted will be notified via email, and with this notification they will receive the forms necessary to complete their enrollment by July 25, 2017.
If LUISS Guido Carli decides to not to offer a degree program or specialization, this will be promptly communicated to the candidate.
Please note that, in accordance with MIUR regulations, degrees conferred abroad only allow access to Italian universities if:
- they have been conferred by official schools in that country's educational system
- they entitle the student to enroll in universities in the country in which they were conferred
- they have been conferred after a minimum of fifteen years of schooling overall (primary education, secondary education and a bachelor's degree)
Students holding a US High School Diploma
In addition to the documents listed in the page Application and Relevant Documents, to meet admission requirements, students holding a US High School Diploma must also either:
- have successfully completed two years of college/university education (and be admitted to the third year)
- have successfully completed one year of college education (and be admitted to the second year) and have earned at least 4 US Advanced Placements (APs)
- have earned at least three US Advanced Placements (APs) with a score of between 3 and 5, in subjects relating to the university program applied for and one of which must necessarily be in Italian if required by the rules
- have been awarded the Italian school leaving qualification
- have been granted equivalence in Italy
To meet admission requirements, students holding GCEs (General Certificate of Education) must have six passing grades in different subjects, and at least three of these must be A-levels (advanced level).
For any information regarding one’s qualifications and how to obtain a visa/study permit, it is advisable to timely read the “Rules for University Enrolment by Foreign Students” (norme per l’accesso degli studenti stranieri ai corsi universitari) and to contact the local Italian diplomatic authorities in the country whose university system awards the qualification, also in order to comply with the administrative procedures for the issuance of the required documentation.
Candidates can contact CIMEA for an assessment of their qualifications.
LUISS University assists deserving students through scholarships and financial aid to attend master’s degree programs.
Submission deadline: by and no later than on 26 May 2017
Communication of the results
The results of the evaluation of applications and scholarship will be communicated in accordance with the following schedule:
- by 10 March 2017
- by 26 May 2017
Enrollment: by and no later than on 25 July 2017